Still jet-lagged... and trying to claw my way into an appropriate time zone... but this seems doable. If you would like to contribute to this project, it would be VERY much appreciated -- the one corporate donor we've had for the past couple of years isn't doing their annual giving program this year because of the economy. And that's about 1/3 our budget, sooo.......
Here's the info. You can send a cheque or donate online. In either case, make sure you designate the donation to the Kasese Orphan project (either in the online pulldown menu or in the memo line on your cheque).
Click the menu that says Fund/Designation and pick Kasese Orphan Project. (We haven't officially changed the name yet).
If you want to send a cheque, you can either send it to me (which I appreciate because then I keep track) and I'll forward a bunch at once, or you can send it directly to CACHA, our partner.
Cheques should be made payable to: Canada Africa Community Health Alliance (CACHA)
On the memo line, it's very important to write: Kasese Orphan Project/Nikibasika (or it will go to the general fund)
If you want to mail it to me, email me at email@example.com and I'll send you the address.
To send directly to CACHA, it's:
Canada Africa Community Health Alliance
Suite 300, 100 Marie Curie
Ottawa ON K1N 6N5
(Again, make sure you send them your name/address and write Kasese Orphan Project on the memo line).
If you want a sense of how the money goes....some examples...
- it costs approx. $120 cdn/year for school fees for one primary kid
- approx. $300/year for school fees for senior primary and secondary
- approx. $75/month for food for one kid
- $35 for a football (they disappear :-))
- $95 buys one new piece of clothing for each of the kids
- $30 buys everyday shoes for 5 kids (like flip flops)
- we pay our "matron" (the one who looks after the little kids)about $110/month
Thanks to all of you!!